Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recovery and complications


I can't even describe how happy I was to be at home, in the comfort of my own bed and surrounded by my kids, it was nice. Brandon wasn’t able to stay and take care of me so being in the comfort of my own home was short lived. Brandon had to leave Thursday evening, the day after my surgery to go back to work so I stayed with my mom so she could help me with the boys. As much as I love my mom and appreciate her help and everything she does for me, I needed to go home. I was exhausted and in pain and the kids weren’t listening at all so I went home Sunday afternoon. I didn’t realize that I hadn’t peed since Saturday evening around 6 and here it was Sunday around 6pm and I still hadn’t voided and I was in excruciating pain with SHARP STABBING PAINS in my abdomen that would not go away. I talked to the on call doctor who advised me to go to the ER. Well, I was screwed because I couldn't drive and my parents had already started drinking so they couldn’t take me to the ER also. Holly was at work, Arthur was sleeping, Melissa was hung over and Brandon was in the valley so I called my dad to come get the boys. The EMT's showed up and my blood pressure was through the roof, my stomach was ridged and I was running a slight fever but because I had taken my own meds they couldn’t give me anything better to help with my discomfort L As soon as I got to the hospital the nurse did a bladder scan on me and my bladder has 722 ml of urine in it and the maximum hold is 400 to 500 ml so the put a catheter in me and ran some test. My blood work came back that there was an infection and the CT scan came back that my bladder and kidneys were inflamed, swollen or whatever you want to call it. After 5 hours in the er on pain meds I was released and sent home with the folly catheter. I went to the doctor a few days later and he took my folly out and I was able to pee, not a lot but I was definitely voiding. 2 days later I had to go back to the doctor because I stopped voiding, I thought the pain before was bad but this time it was way worse so the doc put the folly back in and that was to stay there for a week. After 5 days I was in complete discomfort so I was able to cut the folly out, yay!!!!! I have had the folly out for a week now and I am voiding on my own, not a ton but enough. I still have a kidney infection and bladder infection and I am on 8 different types of meds but I am on the right road to recovery. Hopefully this is the end of all the discomfort and pain and I can get back on with my life.

0 comments: