Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sick and tired of being sick and tired and broken bones

I am so tired of being sick and tired, I want a diagnosis and I want it now. I went to the ER on the 16th of March because I passed out in the bathroom, I was weak, dizzy, light headed, nauseous and my vision was blurred and doubled. The ER did an EKG because my heat rate was 106 and that came back normal. They started in IV thinking I was dehydrated but my heart rate still stayed in the 106 to 130 range. My CO2 came back abnormal so they did an ABG ( arterial blood gas) they stuck a needle in the artery in my wrist twice and that as well came back abnormal so I now have respiratory issues. My potassium came back real low so I had to drink this gross orange drink. My blood sugar was also 168, way to high for me. They also did a cat scan that came back normal so that was great news. The doc wanted me to stay in the hospital to run more test but I didn't feel comfortable and just wanted to go home. I followed up with my doctor, DR. Bornstein who diagnosed me a type 2 diabetic. I am now taking Metformin once a day for my high blood sugar and I prick my finger once a day. My new symptoms are fatigue, difficulty swallowing, loss of balance and shaking. My PCP ordered an ultrasound of the blood flow to my brain which has yet to be done and my MRI has been approved, So hopefully that will get done soon. I have an EEG on the 10th of April and a follow up appointment on the 13th at Phoenix Neurology and Sleep Medicine on 27th ave. and Deer Valley. The doc is thinking that I have MS ( Multiple Sclerosis)but I need the MRI to officially Diagnose me with that. The treatment that they can offer me kind of scare me because 2 of the medicines can cause heart problems and a heart disease and leukaemia. The third medicine is used to treat cancer patients and the 4th and final medicine is the only oral drug for MS that was approved in 2010 but hasn't showed in improvements in taking this med. I am so anxious for a diagnosis that any diagnosis will do.

On March 24th Jared jumped the ramp he had built with his bike and ran into his dad's truck. He came into the house screaming bloody murder, his wrist all swollen and bruised. Although Aaron and Sophia said that because he was moving it and using it, it wasn't broken and the Fire Dept. confirmed that it also. Jared went all week playing outside and on his bike and using his hand in pain without complaining Until March 30th, Jared could no longer use or move his hand so Brandon took him to the ER and sure enough it was broke. We have to take Jared to the orthopedic surgeon and possibly have surgery. I feel bad that I didn't take him to the ER sooner but I figured since he was using his hand it was fine. It is what it is. Today is his appointment so we will see what they have to say.

0 comments: