Thursday, February 9, 2012

Expecting the unexpected

Sometimes I wonder why when bad things happen why do they happen to me? I know im not the only person in this world that something bad happens to but seriously? I wish this storm would go away. It started in 2009 with my hysterectomy and then finding out that i was left with things that should no longer be and that has been a 2 year battle until I had everything fixed on November 9, 2011. I felt fine once Dr. Connolly fixed me. I a few weeks later I noticed that I was more tired then usual and then I would get light headed and dizzy, i would then get nauseated. These little episodes would happen at all hours of the day and night. I found myself getting blurred vision and on occasions i would have no vision when all these symptoms kicked in. I decided to consult with Dr. Bornstein at the Heber/ Overgaard Summit Healthcare Clinic. Thinking it may be my blood pressure or maybe my blood sugar out of wack I decided to go to my parents and check all that. My dad in the past year was diagnosed a diebetic so I used all my parents equiptment. My blood pressure was 120/ 79 and 2 minutes later is was 130/72, still completelly normal. My blood sugar was in the 70's which is also completely normal for fasting as well. I finally went to the doc once my mom convinced me to because the day prior I was driving and all these symptoms came at once like they usually do but my vision was completely gone and when I got my vision back I was in the other lane of traffic and both Jared and Tony screaming because they were so scared. The doc also checked my glucose while fasting which came back at 94, 98 and up being too high and 69 and below being too low, my A1C was 5.1 percent and the doc said anything below 6.0 was good. The doctor had some concerns for me neurologically, all the symptoms were leading symptoms to Epilepsy, Partial complex seizure disorder. I wasnt having convulsions but i am zoning out like you usually do with Partial Complex Seizures. The doctor put in an order for a Cat Scan to rule out and cancer, tumors or any other abnormalities and a referral to see Dr Anderson, head of Neuro at St. Josephs Hospital. He is the best Neurologist in AZ so my sister in law that works at Good Sam Hospital says. While waiting for my cat scan to get approved I have found what does and doesnt trigger these episodes and watching tv and driving cause them so i limit the amount of tv watching and driving I do. It has been 3 weeks since finding out all this info and now I have completely blurred vision and it is now hard to make out pictures. I have tried reading far away and up close and nothing helps. I called the Doctors office on the 7th of February and the nurse had told me that my cat scan was not approved but she would go ahead and get me in with Dr. Anderson and he will do my Cat Scan, MRI and EEG. The past few days have been really good and my vision has been somewhat ok, thats why I have decided to play catch up now. Im great at typing without looking but I cant tell how I am spelling so forgive me if my words are spelt wrong. I am really scared and nervous and really irritated because it is hard to do anything anymore but hopefully I will have some answers really soon. Well thats all for now but I will keep updating as I am able to and have information.

0 comments: