Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last Day Of School... YAY!!!

The day that all parents and students have been waiting for is here, the last day of school. I don't know about the other parents but we had to get up extra early the past 6 months to get the boys ready for school because we moved about 15 minutes away and completely out of the school district. Believe me when I say I am very very HAPPY that we have the next few months to sleep in. The boys last day of school was June 2, 2011 so I went to the school and got some cute pictures of the boys and only some of their friends.

Casey struggled this year and I think it is because he was still trying to adjust to a new environment so his grades were low all year long. I am happy to report Casey got all B's and C's, one A and one D ( the D I am not so happy about but he tried) Casey passed the reading TAKS test with a 98 percent and failed his Math Taks test with a 32... OUCH!!! Casey's Teacher said she felt that Casey stayed back in 3rd grade and Casey agreed. Casey said he felt he didn't know the 3rd grade math well enough to just be thrown into 4Th grade math so Brandon and I decided to hold him back in 3rd grade as well. We feel this will be good for him and hopefully he will be top of his 3rd grade class.

Jared did really well and believe it or not, has better hand writing then Casey. In Jared's report card they are graded with numbers from 1 to 4, 4 being the highest. On Jared's final report card he got at all 3 and 4's and just 5 2's. His teacher said she was really shocked with his progress the last 9 weeks and that he was more then ready to go onto 1st grade.

I am very happy for both of my boys, being held back or not. They did and awesome job and tried all year long. I look forward to next year as my boys go on to accomplish more in their lives.

The pictures I am getting ready to post has some of their friends in them but forgive me because I do not know all their friends names


Casey and his Teacher Mrs. Torres



Austin, Casey and Kendrick... 3 Musketeer's



Casey and Maurice






Jared watching Mrs. Hall open the gift he got her



Jared sitting at his desk waiting for his friends to show up



Jared and half of his class... Such cute kids

0 comments: